Sunday, April 25, 2010

These are a few of my least favourite things...

As I have confessed before, I am a listaholic. Give me anything--TV shows, movies, songs, blogs, actors, and I will have a list of favourites. I have shared many of these lists with the blogosphere, such as this post, and this one and this one and this one. I realized though, that these were all lists of my favourite things. Well, let me tell you, do I have a list of least favourite things. A very long list, in fact. I tend to be a very pessimistic person, so the things list of things I hate are never ending. Usually, I keep them to myself (and my close friends). But today I thought I'd give you all a treat and give you a list my least favourite things. I promise this will be the only time I will make such a hateful list. There is already enough negative in the world (and online). I don't need to add to it. But, without further ado,

MY LIST OF THINGS THAT SUCK

1) People Who Keep Asking You to Repeat Yourself

Oh god, how I hate this. To be clear, I don't mean people who occasionally ask you to repeat what you said because a roaring jet flew over your heads or a bomb exploded or something. No, I mean people who NEVER LISTEN and ask you to repeat EVERYTHING YOU SAY. And I mean literally EVERY sentence. Oh my god, is it annoying. There's a kid in one of my classes who does this CONSTANTLY and it drives me INSANE. Why can't you just listen the first time? Why? Why? Why? What is so hard about that? Why do we all have to hear everything twice just because you're too lazy to listen? Why, dear god, why? (This is one of those times I really hope that none of my classmates find my blog. They'd get really mad...).

2) Mad Men

There are a lot of TV shows I dislike (Chuck, 24, and Dancing with the Stars, for example) but none so much as Mad Men. This show has so much freaking hype for nothing. And I mean nothing. I tried to watch it last year after it won yet another round of Emmys. I figured the Emmy voters knew what they were doing. Plus, it had Elisabeth Moss, a West Wing Alum, a club of people who can do no wrong (except for Martin Sheen guest starring on Two and a Half Men. That was just freaky). So, I tried a few episodes. Oh my lord, I have never seen such a boring show! Nothing happens! And when it does, it is so freaking boring! Why do people watch this show? Why do people give awards to this show? Are they insane? Or are they just insomniacs looking for something to put them to sleep? Because seriously, I HATE THIS SHOW. Which is really annoying when it sweeps the Emmys year after year. That's half the awards I can't enjoy. Stupid idiot Mad Men (P.S. If you want to read some more Mad Men hating, just go to this link. It is one of the many shows ranted about (including Glee, which is, like, insane!)).

3) Brave New World/The Makioka Sisters/Lord of the Rings

These are all books I was forced to read for school (grade 9, grade 11, and grade 8, respectively) and I hated them all (confession: I didn't quite finish Lord of the Rings. Actually, I only got through half of The Hobbit before switching books). All of these books sucked sucked and sucked. And I'm not saying this because I think reading books for school is bad. There are many required reading books that I've loved (Tuck Everlasting and Bridge to Terabithia, for example). No, these ones just suck. And it's not because I didn't try. I really gave it a good hard effort to like these. But, in the end, they all sucked (actually, Brave New World was just creepy...). These books have been on mind because of a combination of things: 1) I've started watching the Big Bang Theory and 2) This kid I know who's obsessed with Lord of the Rings. You see, a few days ago my school was playing this game where they played a TV theme song on the PA system and whoever could guess it first won a prize. The first day I got the Grey's Anatomy theme and the Friends theme (sadly, though, I was not quick enough to win any prizes). The second day, unbeknownst to me, they played the Lord of the Rings theme music. I was volunteering in the school library at the time and the friend I was volunteering went CRAZY when I didn't recognize the theme song. Oh, excuse me (and by the by, it was only supposed to be TV show themes, not movies, so it shouldn't even have counted!). This friend of mine went on a giant rant about how insane I am for not having read the books/seen the movies. Apparently, I am some type of giant freak (because yes, us people who don't speak elfish or whatever are the freaks). (Sorry I just went off on a bit of a Lord of the Rings rant there. I can get a little carried away...).

4) Musical Movies

Now, this one may seem strange since I love Glee so much. And I can't really explain it either. All I know is musical movies SUCK. Mamma Mia! sucks. High School Musical 1, 2, and 3, all suck. Rent sucked. Moulin Rouge! really sucked. They all sucked. And you want to know why? Because the songs were so random. I have no problem when the songs are natural, when they actually make sense in the plot. I hate it when people just randomly break out in song, like in this scene and this one (that one is especially revolting because it stars a awful-hair-died Zac Efron). It's just so random. And distracting! And boring! The weird thing is, I love live musicals. But, for some reason, when they are converted in movie form, I can't stand them. Please, can these genre of movie just die already. Can't we leave it to the professionals on Broadway?

5) People Who Say Like All the Time

So many people have this problem! And it so irritating! Sometimes I don't notice it at all, and it's totally fine. But if I do, it's all I can hear. Last year, I did Model UN club at school and they had this guest speaker who said like EVERY OTHER WORD. And it wasn't like he was stupid or something. No, he just couldn't stop saying like! It was so annoying! There's a few kids in my class who do this as well and I just want to kill them! (Oh man, if any of them ever finds this, I am so dead...). It makes people sound so stupid, when (usually) they are perfectly smart people. Why can't they just speak right? Because saying like, is so, like, annoying (come on, you had to see that one coming).

I have many more things I hate, including (but not limited to): People who say "more" and "er", such as more simpler or more clearer or more friendlier. The entire Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy (what is with people and Johnny Depp? He's not that attractive!). And that guy on Sixty Minutes who always complains about stupid stuff (why do they pay that guy?).

This could go on forever, so I shall stop to go and watch Brothers and Sisters (who is pregnant this week? It's so exciting!). See you all soon, my dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...