Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cue the Hallelujah Choruses!

HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HAL-LAY-LU-JAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's over! It's finally FINALLY over. All my exams are done!
Yay! I get my life back! Double yay! Oh god, this feels good. After an entire month of working around the clock (no sleep + no food=no sanity), it's done. Four finals done. Four more credits earned (12/16 done! YAY!!). And, the best part is, IT'S SUMMER!!!!

You will probably agree with me that summer is awesome.


First of all, there's the lack of things: lack of homework (YAYYYYYYYYY), lack of school, lack of annoying classmates, lack of winter coats (yes, we do get sun in Canada!), lack of responsibilities all around.

Then there's all the fun new additions: SUN, swimming, Canada Day (American translation: Fourth of July), visiting family, traveling, relax
ing, reading at the beach. All good things. Very good things.

What are my summer plans, you may ask? Well, let's take a visual tour.

First I will be going here:


Yes, the classic amusement park visit. Prerequisite of any summer experience. Of course, I am deathly afraid of rollercoasters, so I'll just being going on the swings and the teacups and the water rides. But still, tons of fun will be had. Very, very excited.

Then, I will be going here with my mom to visit her side of the family,


I get to see all my cousins and aunts and my grandma. All very fun. A little nerve racking, with my plethora of social phobias, but fun nonetheless. I love my family.

Next, I get to go here: (I AM SO EXCITED!!)


Epic, I know. It's not only another country. It's not only another continent. It's half way around the world!!! SOOOOOOOOO exciting. I CANNOT WAIT!!! Also, while I'm there I also get to go to New Zealand, Tazmania, and maybe New Guinea! So many countries! (And so many stickers for my suitcase!).

So yes, I am looking forward to an awesome summer. Of course, I can never escape school completely. There's the typical summer reading (6 books worth!), and a world lit essay and a big freaking extended essay. All in all, 4000 pages of reading, and 6000 words of writing. Definitely NOT looking forward to that...

But, to make up for it, there's some great books/tv shows to look forward to. As previously mentioned, one my absolute favourite tv shows, Make It or Break It, comes back on June 28th (Emily and Damon all the way!!). But that's just the beginning. The Emmy nominations are announced in the beginning of July (if Jim Parsons isn't nominated, I will kill someone). Work of Art and Project Runway, my two favourite reality tv shows, are both airing. The Emmy awards are announced (if Jim Parsons doesn't win, I will kill someone else). And all these books to are released: Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner, The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June by Robin Benway, You Wish by Mandy Hubbard, The DUFF by Kody Keplinger.

Yes, summer is great (even if summer homework kind of sucks). But for right now, I'm just so happy exams are over. Cue the hallelujah choruses once again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katherine, the other night I had just finished reading the new Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants book and I was searching the web for reviews when I found your blog. I have gone back to the start and have started reading your blog posts from when you first started blogging, so now you know that someone has read them all! I just wanted to let you know that I think you are a fantastic writer, and that I love reading all your thoughts, reviews and school stories.

    ANYWAY, I was going to wait until I had read all your blog entries before I commented on one, but I got to this one and couldn't resist becuase you said you were coming to NZ. I'm from there and I just wanted to say that I hope you loved it here! (as I haven't read any further it's possible that you actually hated it and never want to come back.

    A friend of mine is doing an exchange in Chicago this year at Purdue university, I just read on her Facebook that when she tells people she is from New Zealand, they all think it is a shop that she buys her clothes from. So it was good to read that at least some people have heard of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all those kind words. When you have as few followers as I do, you don't get much feedback, so I really appreciate all that you said. Thanks for reading!

    I never ended up posting about either Australia or New Zealand. I liked them both. New Zealand was so beautiful--everything was so green. I was only there for a few days, in Auckland mostly, but everyone I met was very nice and it seemed like a cool place.

    My friend actually lived in New Zealand when she was a kid, so I've heard a lot about it. I wouldn't mind going back one day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...