Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back to the beginning. Back to when the earth, the sun, the stars, were all aligned...

So, school has started. It's going okay. Much better than I thought it'd be. My drama class is AMAZING. It's tiny--only 6 students--so we can just goof around and play games. We all know each other so well (this being our fourth year together) and we all just get along. My other classes are less fun. English is enjoyable, I guess. It's challenging and I love the teacher, which is nice. Biology looks like it's going to be annoying. History just looks boring (though the teacher is really nice!). It's been great seeing my friends (no problems so far!!) and get back into the swing of things. It's nice to be back in my normal routine and back into my natural environment. School is something I'm actually good at. I can handle it. I can do well. It's nice to have that confidence back. 
Okay, there, that was the honest part. Now, onto something much more exciting. What could it be? Well, I'll give you some hints. It only happens once a year. It involves the love of my life, Sheldon Cooper. It's about a week in length. Almost everyone watches part of it. Yes, that's right! It's the fall tv premiere week! WaHoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO!!!!!!!!! You can go to this link for a complete list of premieres. And here, below are the ones I'm looking forward to, in chronological order (with new season pictures!): 
Monday, Sept. 13
Gossip Girl, 9 p.m. (The CW)

The week starts with the worst/best show on tv, otherwise known as Gossip Girl. The best part is obviously the Chuck and Blair reunion (shown in this season 4 trailer). The worst part is harder to determine. I mean what's worse--Serena's wining or Georgina and Dan's baby or Jenny Humphrey's very existence? It's a tough choice. I've said before that I would stop watching this show. But I can't help myself. I've been deprived of Chuck and Blair for an entire summer (more than three months!). I need my Chair fix or I may just die. 
Tuesday, Sept. 14
Life Unexpected, 9 p.m. (The CW)


I don't love this show. But I like certain parts of it enough to give the second season a try. It's a really cute show and I really like the main character (even if she does have a stupid name) and I really like Bug (even if he has a stupid name too).  I wish this show were on monday nights after Gossip Girl like last year, so, you know, I wouldn't have to get up from my tv at any point. Alas, this is life. Apparently some physical exertion is required. 
Monday, Sept. 20
How I Met Your Mother, 8 p.m. (CBS)


IS THIS THE SEASON WE FIND OUT WHO THE MOTHER IS? Well, you never know. There have been rumours. It could happen. We could meet her and not even know it's her. We could met her three seasons from now. All I know is, someone gets married in the premiere. And Robin Sparkles comes back. All good things. I love me some Canadian teen pop music!!
Tuesday, Sept. 21
Glee, 8 p.m. (Fox)


Oh, Glee. I used to love you. Now, not so much. I mean, I still love certain characters (like Sue, obviously. And Kurt. And Brittany. And sometimes Rachel). But my true fanboy (fangirl?) days are long gone. I've just lost interest. I didn't like the second half of the first season nearly as much as the first half. And I hated the Madonna episode. I'll still watch of course. I mean, I have to see Kurt and his boyfriend. And I must watch every scene that Sue is ever in. It's not a choice. It's a legal requirement. 
Wednesday, Sept. 22
Modern Family, 9 p.m. (ABC)


Again, don't love this show. But I like it. A lot. I hate Al Bundy. But I do love Cam. And I really like Phil. So, I will watch. And sometimes I will laugh out loud. And sometimes I will just be confused. It's a mixed bag, for sure, but not a bag I'm going to miss anytime soon (oh god, that was a horrid sentence. But I'm going to keep it so it can be nominated to the horrid sentence hall of fame. Yes, that is a real thing. In my mind, at least). 

Cougar Town, 9:30 p.m. (ABC)

No, this is not a picture of Cougar Town, obviously. But it is a picture of two of the actors in the Cougar Town premiere. Which two? I'll let you guess (the one should be really easy!). But here's another hint to help: They've never been married to Monica. Hmmmmm......who could it be?
Thursday, Sept. 23
The Big Bang Theory, 8 p.m. (CBS)


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is obviously going to be the best day of my life. Well, at least, the most highly anticipated. Sheldon's first date!!!!!!! What could be more exciting than that?!?!? And from the looks of this photo, there will be a lot Penny and Sheldon stuff, which I absolutely adore.  Only fourteen more days!!

Bones, 8 p.m. (Fox)

A strange one to be on this list, considering I am no fan of Bones. However, you must consider how big a fan I am of Booth and Brennan getting together. I hear there's lots of conflict involving this love connection in the premiere, especially since Booth gets a girlfriend. It should be interesting (and romantic!), to say the least. 

Community, 8 p.m. (NBC)


Community is a good show. It's very funny for a very big portion of time. And Jeff and Annie got together instead of Jeff and Brita! YAY! One problem though. As you may have noticed, this is my third show in the 8 o'clock time slot. Don't worry I have a plan to solve the scheduling conflicts (and it does not involve a DVR or TiVo or anything like that. I don't operate any large machinery). I will watch Big Bang in the actual time slot (because I can't wait one more second for Sheldon), and then watch Community online that night and then the romantic highlights of Bones online the next night. Not a very complex plan. But it took me a while to think up. Yes, I am a very slow thinker. 

30 Rock, 8:30 p.m. (NBC)

I almost definitely won't be watching this show when it actually airs. I almost never watch 30 Rock live. I always catch up on it on the weekend or whenever I have time and feel bored (which is a lot). But I will catch up on it eventually. So it's worth mentioning (Also worth mentioning: the fact that Sheldon stole the Emmy from Alec Baldwin! Bazinga!)

Sunday, Sept. 26
Brothers & Sisters, 10 p.m. (ABC)


Last but not least, Brothers & Sisters. I don't plan on watching the whole season because (SPOILER ALERT) Rebecca is leaving the show. And, the show sucks. But I love Justin and Rebecca enough to stick around to see why they break up. I'm a loyal fan, 'til the end. 

Oh, how I love this time of year. My shows are back, at the beginning of a fresh season with 24 episodes  to look forward to. The leaves are beginning to change colour. I get to go to drama class! I am very happy about all these things. Life is good, for right now. Honestly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...